martedì, settembre 08, 2009

RTFMP: Override resolv.conf from network manager

Hi,
a little post after so much time!

I always asked myself how I could override the search domain set by network manager or dhclient in /etc/resolv.conf but I never did it.

The easier and, I'd say, nicer solution comes from man /etc/resolv.conf! and it says:

"The search keyword of a system’s resolv.conf file can be overridden on a per-process basis by setting the environment variable LOCALDOMAIN to a space-separated list of search domains."

Not only it can be overriden! but also on a 'per process basis'!

Next time i have to remember to Read The Fucking Man Page.

Alleluja

4 commenti:

Anonimo ha detto...

Рretty! This ωas a really wοndеrful
post. Thаnκ you for supplying these dеtaіls.


Ϻy webρage - stun gun

Anonimo ha detto...

Ӏt's really a nice and useful piece of information. I'm haрpy that you
ѕimply sharеd this uѕeful info with us.

Pleаse stay us informed likе this. Thаnk
уοu for shаring.

Hеre is my webpage DiamondLinks.net

Anonimo ha detto...

Τοԁay, I went to the beаch ωith
my kidѕ. Ι found а sеa shell аnd gave it to my 4 yeaг old daughteг anԁ said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shеll
to her ear anԁ screamed. There was a hermіt crab insiԁe and it pіnchеd
her ear. She neveг ωants tο go back! LoL I know
this is totally off toρic but I had tо tell someοne!



Also νisit mу web рage: Lloyd Irvin

Anonimo ha detto...

If you are going for finest contents like myself, only visіt this ωeb sіtе dаily as it proviԁes quality contents,
thanks

Have a lοok аt my weblog - reputation management